Anne, also known as Anne - The Series and rebranded as "Anne with an E" on Netflix, is a drama television series based on the books by Lucy M. Montgomery. The series is produced by Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) and world-wide broadcast by Netflix.
Anne is a coming-of-age story about an outsider who, against all odds and numerous challenges, fights for love and acceptance and for her place in the world. The series centres on a young orphaned girl in the late 1890’s, who, after an abusive childhood spent in orphanages and the homes of strangers, is mistakenly sent to live with an elderly spinster and her ageing brother. Over time, 13-year-old Anne will transform their lives and eventually the small town in which they live with her unique spirit, fierce intellect and brilliant imagination.
The adventures of a young orphaned girl living in the late 19th century. Follow Anne as she learns to navigate her new life on Prince Edward Island, in this new take on L.M. Montgomery's classic novels.
On August 3, 2017, both the CBC and Netflix renewed the series for a 10-episode second season in 2018. 
On August 15, 2018, it was revealed that Anne has been renewed for a third season. The third season is expected to broadcast 2019.
The series initially premiered on March 19, 2017, on CBC and aired on a weekly basis, concluding on April 30, 2017. The series debuted on Netflix on May 12, 2017, under the name "Anne with an E"  
- The title of each episode is a quote from the 1847 novel Jane Eyre written by Charlotte Brontë.
- Netflix released the show worldwide and changed the title to "Anne with an E".
- Adaptation of the novel "Anne of Green Gables" by L.M. Montgomery.
- When asked her age, Anne responds that she is 13. At the start of the books, she was 11.
- R.H. Thompson (Matthew Cuthbert) and Ian D. Clark (The Station Master) both played in the TV series Road to Avonlea (1990), which was also from author Lucy Maud Montgomery and was a spin-off of the 1985 Anne of Green Gables adaptation.
- Anne won the award for Best Drama at the Canadian Screen Awards.
- ↑ CBC and Netflix renew reimagined Anne of Green Gables
- ↑ With season 2 being just around the corner, we thought we'd share some more great news... #AnneWithAnE has been renewed for SEASON 3! — Anne with an E Twitter (@AnneTheSeries)
- ↑ New series based on Anne of Green Gables filmed in Millbrook on Tuesday
- ↑ Behind the scenes on the newest Anne of Green Gables series".
- ↑ Get Red-dy! Netflix's 'Anne' Now Has a Release Date"
- ↑ Anne with an E on Netflix