Diana Barry is one of the main characters of Anne. She is Anne's best friend, and she is portrayed by Dalila Bela.
Anne’s loyal friend and kindred spirit. Diana is the perfect match for Anne; she’s a sensible, grounded girl who balances out Anne’s flights of fancy. She is played by Dalila Bela. 
Appearance and Personality
Diana Barry is a friendly and sweet girl. Since she grew up in a good family, Diana is very polite and well versed in social etiquette. She is loyal and diplomatic, as can be seen when she keeps confronting her own friends and schoolmates whenever they're mean to Anne. Diana is more down to earth than Anne but has a great appreciation for her best friend's imagination, and never fail to compliment Anne on it. However, Mrs. Barry's dislike of Anne due to her origins caused Diana to not sit with her during the harvest picnic among other obstacles to their friendship.
Diana has long, black hair that she often leaves down and embellishes with ribbons. Diana has brown dark eyes, and a warm smile.
- To be Added.
- Anne and Diana vowed to be friends forever and to never forget each other.
- Mrs. Eliza Barry wanted Diana and Minnie May to go to finishing school in France. Diana has learned French and taken piano lessons in order to become a proper young lady.
- During playtime, Diana often assumes the role of “Prince Wisteria”.
- ↑ Diana mentions the year 1303 and a peace treaty with Scotland. That would mean that the "Pembroke" she mentions is, historically, Aymer de Valence, 2nd Earl of Pembroke (his father died 7 yearS prior to 1303 in 1296.) According to history, Aymer had no legitimate children, so "Lady Charlotte" and her husband, the Earl of Canterbury, are both fictional characters.
- ↑ According to history Aymer's first marriage, before 1295, was to Beatrice, daughter of Raoul de Clermont, Lord of Nesle in Picardy and Constable of France. Beatrice died in 1320, and in 1321 he married Marie de St Pol, daughter of Guy de Châtillon, Count of St Pol and Butler of France. As a year of birth for Charlotte is not specified, either of these could be Diana's ancestor, hence why no name is specified for the Countess.
- ↑ CBC Canada - Anne's Characters